Tax Liens

Tax liens are liens filed by the Internal Revenue Service for Federal taxes and the State of Oklahoma for State taxes. These are filed in the county of the real property or in the county where the taxpayer lives. These taxes can be for income tax, business tax, estate tax etc. Tax liens are filed against the taxpayer.

Filing Fees for Tax Liens

Fee DescriptionAmount
For recording federal tax lien and releases$13.00
For recording state tax lien and releases$13.00
Copies per page$1.00
Certified copies per document$1.00
Federal tax lien search per name$1.00

Credit Report Questions

If something is on your credit report and it has been paid, call the County Clerk's Office and make sure the release was recorded. If the release has been recorded notify the credit agency that is reporting and give them the release information. The credit agency may request a copy, which you can get from the County Clerk's Office or they may call and verify that the release has been recorded. If the release has not been filed, then you will need to call the agency that filed the lien to obtain a release.

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. The information provided in this site is just an outline of the statute. Please refer to the statutes or your attorney for any legal assistance you may need.