Cleveland County's benefit package includes retirement benefits through Oklahoma Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS). For retirement information please contact the Human Resource Director, Alison Vinson (405) 366-0214.
OPERS is a defined benefit retirement plan qualified under Section 401(a) of the Internal Revenue Code. Participation in OPERS is mandatory for eligible state and local government employees. You participate in OPERS by contributing a portion of your salary each pay period. The County also contributes on your behalf in the amount of 16.5%. The employee portion is 3.5%. Employees may increases their contribution amount by enrolling in the Step Up program which would allow an additional 2.5% of their income go toward retirement.
Any and all forms must be completed and the signed original submitted to Human Resources:
OPERS Informational Brochures:
- General OPERS information (PDF)
- OPERS Member Handbook - State & Local Government
- Step-Up Information (PDF)
- Pre-Retirement Seminar Schedule - Oklahoma Public Employees Retirement System
- Pre-Retirement Seminar Schedule - Employees Group Insurance Division
- OPERS Hazardous Duty Employees Information
- OPERS Hazardous Duty - Member Handbook
457 Retirement Accounts
These are accounts to which only employees make contributions. The County offers 457 plans with the following vendors: