The Oklahoma Emergency Rental and Utilities Assistance portal is up and ready to take applications. Federal guideline determine eligibility. Here’s how to apply.
Apply online at okccp.org or call 2-1-1
• All applicants must complete the application to determine eligibility
• If facing immediate eviction and have a court date, contact Legal Aid and show up at court!
Applicant must verify:
• 18 years old or over
• Lost job or income due to COVID-19 after March 13, 2020
• Financial need
• Rent and utility expenses were incurred after March 13, 2020
• No other federal funds were received for the same purpose
All funds are paid to the vendor on behalf of the resident
Criteria for a household to qualify:
1. FINANCIAL HARDSHIP DUE TO COVID-19
• A household member qualifies for unemployment
• Household has experienced a reduction in household income
2. DEMONSTRATES A HOUSING RISK
• Past due notices, Notice to Quit, or Eviction notices
• Past due utility notices
3. INCOME LIMITATION: AT OR BELOW 80 percent AREA MEDIAN INCOME (AMI):
• Based on the number of people in the applicant’s household and the annual household income, the applicant’s income must be at or below 80 percent AMI — this is based on the number of people living in the household but starts at around $41,000 per year in Cleveland County for a single person to qualify.